Ask an expert directory
There is support out there, find one which suits you
Local support services:
- Text ChatHealth - To speak to a school nurse for support and advice about health issues.
- Speak to a youth support worker at 4YP - Suffolk Young People's Health Project (4YP) are a local charity who provide help and support to 12-25 year olds in Suffolk about social, emotional and physical health and wellbeing.
- Contact iCash - For help with sexual health.
- Contact Turning Point - For help with substance misuse.
Get online support from kooth - A free, safe and anonymous online emotional wellbeing and counselling service for 11-25 year olds in Suffolk.
Find someone to talk to when you need it, about anything that's worrying you.
Get support from the Emotional Wellbeing Hub - Provides advice and support if you are worried about your emotional health and wellbeing. For young people based in East and West Suffolk, aged 0-25.
Ormiston Families Point 1 Service - Provides emotional wellbeing support like the Hub, but for children and young people based in Waveney and Norfolk.
Suffolk Wellbeing Service – For support on common mental health issues like stress, anxiety and low mood.
- The Samaritans - Provides support if you are struggling to cope and going through a difficult time. Call: 116 123, available 24/7 (free to call and won't appear on your phone bill).
You can also drop in to their branches in Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft to talk to someone, or email email@example.com
National support services:
- ChildLine - Provide general support and advice about anything.
- Papyrus Hopeline - Provide help and support if you are experiencing suicidal thoughts and feelings.
- Young Minds Crisis Messenger Service - Provides support to young people emotionally distressed and in need of support.
- Beat Eating Disorders - For help with an eating disorder.
- National Careers Service - For help with careers, training and apprenticeships.
It's about having the chance to talk to someone in confidence...
It's always better to speak to someone than to keep things bottled up.
If you are worried about something and could do with some advice why not give one of the above confidential, free services a try?