Kooth - Need someone to talk to?
What is Kooth?
Kooth is a free, safe and anonymous online chat and emotional wellbeing service for young people aged 11 to 25, across Suffolk.
Kooth is here for you when you need someone to talk to.
If you are going through a hard time and you are not sure who to speak to, login to Kooth. You will find friendly councillors who can help you talk through your problems and help you with anything that's on your mind. This could be about bullying, relationships, work life difficulties, money worries, problems at home, coping with stress, anxiety or grief from losing someone.
Who can use Kooth?
- Young people 11-25 years old
Young people who live anywhere in Suffolk
Watch the video above to find out how Kooth can help support you.
What are the benefits of using Kooth?
- It's free, safe and confidential
- You can access this service anonymously
- You can book virtual chat sessions with qualified counsellors and therapists.
- Have one-2-one text based chat sessions for support and advice.
- No referral needed or waiting list - you can access this service now and immediately receive support
- You can write in a daily journal and track your goals to reflect your thoughts and feelings
- Read and browse through self-help articles for advice on any topic
- Get peer-to-peer support
- Share your experiences via their live online forums.
When can I contact Kooth?
- 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Noon until 10pm weekdays and from 6pm until 10pm on Saturday and Sundays - they also provide an out-of-hours service.
- Please note there are reduced hours over holidays like Christmas, New Years and Bank holidays
To start using Kooth, go to: www.kooth.com
You will need to click 'join' to register for an account, before you can take a look around.
Kooth event coming up
Live Kooth Forum: Building Self Esteem & Confidence, Wednesday 26th May - Often confidence and self-esteem are thought of as the same thing, but are they? This live forum will explore the crucial differences, why it is important that we work on our confidence and self-esteem and share useful strategies you can try to give you a boost!
Introduction to Kooth Zoom session for young people, Thursday 27th May at 4.30pm - Learn more about Kooth and how they can e support you. Register here to join the event on Zoom.