Does a job in retail sound like what you are looking for?
Are you interested in a career in retail?
Here is an opportunity to boost your confidence if you are aged 16-25, working fewer than 16 hours a week and interested in getting back into work. This won't affect your benefits, there is a lunch allowance provided and travel expenses are paid. This is the Princes Trust ‘Get Into Retail’ programme, based in Ipswich and delivered in partnership with Marks & Spencer.
Get Into Retail with Marks & Spencer | Programme details
Programme dates: Monday 18th September to Friday 13th October 2017
Location of the programme: Marks & Spencer, 14-16 Westgate Street, Ipswich IP1 3EF
Taster day: Wednesday 6th September 2017
Recruiting from the areas: Ipswich, Stowmarket, Felixstowe & Surrounding Areas
- Gain in-depth training in the retail industry by completing 4 weeks of work experience with Marks & Spencer
- Learn about stock rotation / control, good Customer Service and selling skills
- Doesn’t affect your benefits & Travel expenses paid on the programme & Lunch allowance provided during the programme
- Improve your Team work and communication skills and boost your confidence, interview & Employability Skills and CV
- Up to six months support to help you find employment and/ or further training
- To register your interest, or for more information contact or text ‘M&S’ to 07483981306 or email email@example.com
What happens on the programme?
If you’re not in work, education or training and live in the UK, the programme will give you the chance to gain work experience and receive training in a specific sector and focus on your employability skills to help you move into a job after the course.
In order to give you the best chance of getting a job after the programme, courses are run in sectors where we know jobs are most likely to be available.
The course is completely free and won’t affect your Jobseeker’s Allowance. Travel costs are covered. Please ask about support with lunch and childcare costs during the course.
Not sure if this is for you?
You can meet the staff before the course starts and ask questions to decide if it's right for you by attending the taster day.
During the programme, you'll also benefit from one-to-one support to help you think about what you'd like to do after the course finishes, and will have the option of support either from staff or a volunteer mentor for up to six months.
Want to know more?
Check out the ‘Get Into’ promotion video and case studies from young people who have completed previous courses, plus much more on this link https://www.princes-trust.org.uk/help-for-young-people/get-job/get-experience