If you are aged 13-19 it's important for you to know the following:
- If you are 18 or under you need to register at your local drop-in centre.
- If you are 13 or older you can get a part time job but there are some rules on what you can and cannot be employed for. Check out the rules for employment.
- 18 or older? Search for jobs at Jobseekers Direct.
- See what part-time hours you are allowed to work.
Where can I find job vacancies?
- Search for Suffolk Apprenticeship vacancies.
- Find jobs in schools, libraries social care or other council services at Suffolk Jobs Direct.
- Find vacancies in Suffolk at Jobs 24.
- Find work experience, internships and apprenticeships with councils in Suffolk at Rising High in Suffolk.
- Look out for job vacancies posted by employers on Twitter or Facebook. LinkedIn invites you to share your employment and education profile with professionals who may contact you about job opportunities - register with LinkedIn.
- Find vacancies on Indeed recruitment website
- Find vacancies on the government Find a Job website
- Find summer jobs on the government find a job website
Help with travel to interviews
Get free train tickets for travelling to job interviews with Abellio Greater Anglia's 'Job Track' scheme.
If you're looking for your first job after finishing education or have been out of work for more than 6 months, you could receive free train travel to job interviews.
Find out more about the Job Track scheme.