There is support out there, find one which suits you:
- For free, safe and anonymous online chat where you can find someone to talk to when you need it Kooth - www.kooth.com
- For general support and advice – contact ChildLine on 0800 1111, visit www.childline.org.uk
- For help with suicidal feelings - use the Papyrus Hopeline on 0800 068 41 41, visit www.papyrus-uk.org
- For help in a crisis - text Young Minds on 85258, visit www.youngminds.org.uk
- For local support, advice and guidance – contact 4YP (Suffolk Young People's Health Project) www.4yp.org.uk
Drop-in to Ipswich 4YP Monday-Friday 10-5pm, give them a call on 01473 252607
- For support around mental health and wellbeing – contact the Suffolk and Norfolk wellbeing Service, visit www.wellbeingnands.co.uk
- For help with eating disorders - call the Beat youthline on 0808 801 0711 visit www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk
- To speak to a school nurse for support and advice - send a text to ChatHealth (07507 333356) or ask in school to find out more.
- The children and young people's Emotional Wellbeing Hub (provides an online referral for support and a telephone helpline to find the next step (0345 600 2090)
- Point 1 provides emotional wellbeing support to children and young people in Waveney and Norfolk 0800 977 4077 - visit: point-1.org.uk
- For help with sexual health – contact iCaSH Suffolk, visit www.suffolksexualhealth.com 0300 300 3030
- For help with substance misuse issues – call the Turning Point helpline on 0300 1230872
- For help with careers, training and apprenticeships – contact the National Careers Service, visit www.nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk
It's about having the chance to talk to someone in confidence...
It's always better to speak to someone than to keep things bottled up. Why not give Kooth a try? It's a free, safe and confidential online service where you can find someone to talk to when you need it. Visit their website www.kooth.com
4YP offers personalised information and advice for young people in Suffolk. Young people's workers at 4YP (Suffolk Young People's Health Project) are available to offer support around emotional health and wellbeing issues.
*Unfortunately 4YP Ask the Expert online chat ended on 26th September
Who are 4YP?
4YP are a local charity who provide help and support to 12-25 year olds in Suffolk around their social, emotional and physical health and wellbeing.
4YP young people's workers are trained in providing quality information and advice for young people - they are the experts, and you can ask them anything!
To find out more about 4YP and what they do, visit their website.