The Local Offer
Support services for disabled young people
Moving into adulthood
Home » Moving into adulthood
Preparing for adulthood
Moving into adulthood can be a scary time. There are a lot of things to think about and a lot of decisions to be made.
Something which you might find helpful is the Transition Card.
On the Transition Card are all the things you will need to look at as you move into adulthood.
You can use this card with your worker, parents or carers.
The card helps you think about your future and what support you may need.
You can also use the card at any time when you're moving on to something new.
For example leaving school.
When preparing for adulthood you will have a transition review with your school or college, and a worker from Children and Young People’s Services.
Your parents and carers can also attend your transition review.
"The transition review gives you an opportunity to sit down with all of the people who are important to you and start to plan the support you will need and record it in an action plan."
Choice of action plans:
- Young person's action plan - to print and complete by hand.
- Online young person's action plan - to use on a computer (see instructions below).
- Right click on online young person's action plan and select Save Target As.
- Save the action plan and open the PowerPoint slides.
- Add your answers to the slides. Remember to save your work.
- To print go to print preview. Pick slides from the 'print what' menu and select colour in the option menu at the top of the print preview screen.