Suffolk's Promise to children in care
(Above is an image of 'Our Promise to you' logo)
What is the Suffolk Promise?
Suffolk’s Promise is a set of 10 promises made by Children and Young People’s services to children in care and care leavers.
It sets out what children and young people can expect and our commitment to you.
First launched in 2008, Suffolk’s Promise has recently been reviewed by C2C, Suffolk’s Children in Care Council and there is now a new look Promise for different age groups:
- Download the Promise booklet for under 10s
- Download the Promise booklet for age 11-15
- Download the Promise for care leavers booklet (16+)
If you need an accessible copy of the above booklets please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Promise booklet will be sent to you before your review or pathway plan meeting and it will be discussed in your meeting to make sure these promises are being kept for you. You can talk to your social worker to find out more about Suffolk's Promise, or to find out more about your rights, take a look at our page on coming into care.
What are our 10 promises to you?
The 10 promises to you are:
- You will have a home where you are safe, well cared for and can be happy.
- We will help you see your family, friends and other people who are important to you. If there are people you can’t see we will explain why.
- You will have a Social Worker and you will know their name and how to contact them. They will give you their blue contact card so you know how to call them and who else to call when they are not at work.
- We will listen to you and talk to you about all the important things in your life.
- We will make a plan with you about how best to look after you.
- We will help you to do the things that you like and be the best you can be.
- If you have any problems or worries you can talk to your carer or social worker and they will work hard to sort them out with you. You can also have an advocate, someone to help you have your say, or join Brighter Futures Children in Care Council to give your views.
- We will help you to do your very best at school.
- We will help you to be as healthy, well and happy as you can be.
- We will only tell people things about you if they need to know them to look after you properly.