You and your friends safety
Whether at school, college, at home, online or out and about, it’s sensible to know how to protect yourself from possible risks or dangers.
- Keeping safe online
- Find local help if you're involved in an abusive relationship
- Help yourself by keeping safe when out and about
- Getting involved in clubs and activities
- Bullying - where to ask for help
Although women may feel more vulnerable when they’re out, it’s actually young men who are at a higher risk of violence.
Personal safety is straight forward. It doesn't matter where you live or what you're doing, there are simple steps that you can take to keep yourself, and your mates safe from harm.
- Avoid walking home alone especially at night; avoid shortcuts through wooded areas, car parks or alleys.
- Call or text people to let them know where you are going and when you will return.
- Keep your possessions like money or your mobile phone out of sight.
Check out these articles on The Site for some great tips on keeping safe when you're out and about:
Tell us what you think