Searching for volunteering placements
Why Volunteer and where to start?
Anyone can volunteer. It can be very rewarding and is a great way to:
- Meet new people.
- Gain new skills.
- Get valuable experience and improve your CV.
- Make a difference to your community.
- Have fun and maybe get involved in something relating to one of your interests.
- Improve your confidence and wellbeing.
- Set yourself a new challenge maybe in the summer holiday, or as a gap year.
Many organisations are now offering virtual volunteering options. This can give you an even greater choice of activities to get involved in and new skills to learn.
Where to start:
- Volunteer Suffolk is a really good place to start thinking about volunteering and searching for options near you.
- Do-it allows you to search different types of volunteering opportunities locally or further afield.
- Volunteering Matters is a leading UK charity with local offices in Ipswich that provides projects and volunteering opportunities.
- The National Citizen Service is an opportunity specifically for all young people aged 16/17.
- Ask your school or college about the Duke of Edinburgh award scheme.