What is SAY?
SAY is a platform for young people in Suffolk to make their voice heard, and influence those who make decisions about services and support for young people.
SAY aims to be a virtual network for and with young people whilst providing opportunities for young people to come together for workshops and events.
The purpose of SAY is to support young people in:
- having a voice
- being involved in decision-making
- shaping and improving services for young people
What's important to young people in Suffolk right now?
Things to do, places to go, emotional wellbeing support, feeling safe, the environment, transport, support for life after school. Do you have anything to add? Get in touch below!
To find out more about SAY, download 'What is SAY?'
What has SAY achieved so far?
- Through SAY, young people have allocated small grants to organisations in Suffolk, to support young people to have a voice and develop youth participation work.
- SAY's Question Time events have enabled young people to be part of the emotional wellbeing transformation plan for Suffolk. Based on the views of young people, there has been a big shift from using the term 'mental health' to 'emotional wellbeing'. Young people have said that they prefer this term.
- From the North West Ipswich Question Time event, young people have formed the Big Local Trust Youth Forum to have their say in how funding should be spent in their area.
- SAY is working with young people to develop workshops focusing on young people with additional needs and disabilities - around being inclusive, raising awareness of disabilities, and celebrating difference.
For updates on SAY activities and events and to hear from young people in Suffolk - check out the SAY e-newsletters.
SAY events: what's it all about?
SAY launched in April 2014, and since then lots has been going on.
Question Time events have taken place across Suffolk, with young people getting together with local decision-makers and talking about the issues that matter to them.
SAY has also put on a poetry workshop for young people from across Suffolk to come together and express themselves and their ideas about community through poetry - take a look at the video on this page.
All of the SAY events are filmed, so to explore what goes on at Question Time events and more, take a look at the SAY films.