Cheaper bus fares with the Endeavour Card
HE student finance
Here's a brief outline of the higher education funding options.
Everything you need to know about higher education student finance can be found on the GOV.UK website
The main student finance package includes a:
- Tuition fee loan
- Maintenance loan (full-time students only)
- Maintenance grant or special support grant (full-time students only)
What does the funding cover?
Tuition fee loans pay for your course. Maintenance loans and grants that help with living costs (e.g. accommodation and course books).
You have to pay back tuition fee loans but you don’t need to pay back grants.
You may also qualify for help with the costs of studying abroad.
What grants and loans you can get depends on:
- your university or college
- your course
- if you have studied a higher education course before
- your age
- your nationality or residency status.
What do I need to do?
- You apply for student finance every year.
- You don’t need a confirmed place at university or college to apply - in fact the earlier you apply the better.
Tell us what you think
Worried about the cost of studying at university?
Work out an estimate of what you could get with the GOV.UK student finance calculator