What is Kooth?
Kooth is a free, safe and anonymous online chat where you can find someone to talk to when you need it.
If you are going through a hard time and you are not sure who to speak to, login to Kooth. You will find friendly councillors who can help you talk through your problems and help you before things get worse. This could be anything from bullying to problems at home to stress with exams or grief from losing someone.
Who can use Kooth?
- Young people 11-18 years old, (up to their 19th birthday)
- Young people who live in East and West Suffolk (not Waveney and Lowestoft area)
If you live in the Lowestoft or Waveney areas you can use the chathealth text a school nurse service or Childline online counselling service for similar support.
What are the benefits of using Kooth?
- It's free, safe and confidential
- You can access this service anonymously by signing onto the Kooth site
- There are no referrals or waiting lists
- You can write in a daily journal
- Read articles and advice
- Get support from the Kooth community
When can I contact Kooth?
- 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Noon until 10pm weekdays and from 6pm until 10pm on Saturday and Sundays
- Please note there are reduced hours over holidays like Christmas, New Years and Bank holidays
Visit the website: www.kooth.com
You will need to register for an account